Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter Carnivale

My New Years resolution for 2012 is to be more creative, I want to be doing more art, and exploring my free hand drawing. Like a lot of people I'm always not so sure about my creations, but then at Nicki's blog (she's the Current Gingersnap Muse)I found the Strathmore Artist Free Online workshops and the first workshop of the year is Doodling :-) and exploring various ways of using Mixed Media. We are just week 1, so pop along and register yourself and you'll see some amazing work done by the students so far.
It's so cool that the workshop has already given me the confidence to just Draw and not worry.

Traci the teacher showed us how to create print background with sprays and found objects and to then just keep adding layers.


My preferred medium has always been pen and ink, but I've never been confident about the background- I think thats about to change.

Once I got started the doodles just flew onto the page, and out popped the slightly manic winter carnivale.

Used:
Acrylic Paint,
Ink,
Prismacolor Pencils,
Sharpies,
Painted on watercolour Paper.


Have a great weekend.

Debi x

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful!!! I love this- in my dreams I could make something like this! LOL

Sharon said...

Wow great piece Debi!! Love the colours.

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous work, stunning. Kezzy x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the layers and such vibrant colors!

Juliet A said...

Wow - yours came out so beautifully! I need to perhaps try this over again.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Keep going with it!

Lillian said...

Debi i love the colors in you beautiful piece
Lillian
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

hazel said...

A fabulous piece Debi, beautiful colours.
xxx Hazel.

Maria said...

Wow, this is beautiful Debi, and those colours are fabulous! Maria x