Followers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Valentines at Craft Room

It's our first challenge of 2013 over at Craft room challenge, and it's time for Valentine's. The talented  Nikki's chosen our first theme, please make sure you check out all the DT stunning work.


For my card, I've gone back to an old style of card I used to make- sponging and collaging my own stamps. Feels like ages since I made a card like this :-) I've used a Stampin' Up set Affection Collection to create the background on the card stock layers. I sponged using Victorian Velvet and stamped some images with that ink and some with Tea Dye. My main image is from Gecko Galz.



Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Individuals, they have a cool new website and some great new stamp sets available so make sure you check them out.

I look forward to seeing your creations.

I'm entering my card over at Simon says Stamp and Show- where the theme is Embrace the Old. My card is vintage style made in my old style which it's been ages since I created like this :-)



17 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Debi...WOW I must say I adore your card...the image is a beauty and you have teamed it perfectly with the background. All the best for 2013 xx

craft-roomjulia said...

Hi Debi, your card is stunning. you have created a wonderful background, and the red heart is just perfect. x x x

PetraB said...

Absolutely darling!

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Debi!!! Love the background stamping and of course great Gecko Galz image!!

Mervi said...

Hi Debi!
Ooh love this, I think it's not surprise any more!
Beautiful and adorable card;-))m

Terry said...

Add another WoW! Debi, I just love that big red heart! What a gorgeous and vintage Valentine card! Beautiful! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

An oldie, but definitely a goodie! Delicious card... love the framing layers, and that brilliant central image.
Alison x

2amscrapper said...

Love your technique with the Gecko Galz image! Beautiful work, Debi!

Michele said...

it is incredibly lovely! xo

Zoechaos said...

Pure magic so wonderfully romantic and packed with your style. Very vintage, Paris, shabby Chic. XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Hi Debi, I love this, the image is fabulous and looks wonderful against your background. I do love your vintage style.

I've also just been looking at your digital creations - how talented your are, they are so creative, I wouldn't know where to start with digital.

Maria xxxxx

hazel said...

Your card is beautiful Debi, I love your background and the GG image looks great.
xxx Hazel.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love the layering and that torn edge.

Mary Marsh said...

your card caught my eye on the Craft Room blog-it is so pretty-I love collages and you have done a fab job creating this one

Esther said...

Debi your card is just beautiful, love the distressed layers..so sorry I've been so rubbish at visiting lately..Esther xx

Anna-Karin said...

Wonderful card! The focal image is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Alexa said...

This card is beautiful. I love the Eiffel Tower on the text background and all the layered papers behind - just lovely!