Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Authentic self canvas

Inspired by a couple of things happening around me, I got in my hot studio today.... and created- gosh it makes for a lighter heart!!



The canvas is small- just 8 x 10 inches, I've used the prompt Authentic Self, and intuitively painted. I started with mod lodge, and doles, scraps of old book pages and a napkin. I've then sprayed with inks, and the painted with my fingers, using various acrylic paints. Finally with black ink and white out pen, I've added the details.


The Dolies and the acrylic paint, which I layered and heated - have created some nice texture, that reminds me of encaustic painting.



I'm entering my canvas over at Mixed Media Place, where the Creative Gym exercise #4  is Intuitive Painting :)







2 comments:

Pascale B. Scrap said...

I would have love to see yourcanvas at the very beginning!Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really powerful and full of expression! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!